Monday, September 11, 2017

My Old School Lipton Onion Meatloaf

This recipe is the very first meatloaf recipe I ever created, I was about 17 when I first made this. It follows a lot of the ideas from the Lipton Onion Soup box recipe with my own twist thrown into it.

3 Pounds Ground Beef (lean)
3/4 cup finely chopped celery
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
3/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley/or chop the leaves from the celery
3 Cloves of garlic smashed and minced
1 Tsp black pepper
1  1/2 Envelopes Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup ketchup
5 slices of white bread cut into little cubes, you can dry these out first if you like
2 Eggs


Wash and finely chop your celery, bell pepper, and onions. Peel and mince the garlic. Cut bread into cubes (it is easiest to do in a stacked grid pattern). Crumble the ground beef into a large mixing bowl 


Add all ingredients to the bowl, using two large forks toss everything together distributing evenly. Use one fork to make sure it is well mixed in a raking and tossing pattern (do not mash the mix, mashing makes meat tough and it can end up dry).


Scoop half of the meat blend into a loaf pan. You have enough to freeze the remainder for a second loaf or make a large meatloaf for a crowd. I press the meatloaf firmly to the sides so the glazed doesn't fall off.


I freeze the other half of the meatloaf for a second loaf. (my personal time hack)

Glaze
1 Cup Ketchup
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce


This is a super easy topping for this meatloaf. I cook the meatloaf halfway, then pour and spread this glaze on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment